Renting steam vacs from a grocery store are a cheaper option, but still involves some hassle. It also involves hauling that gigantic machine back and forth from the store to your car and from your car to inside your house. It suddenly dawned on me that I could just buy a well-made steam vac like the one I am reviewing here.
Hoover is a tried and true brand and this model is great not just for once-a-year thorough cleanings. It also works great for every day, on-the-spot clean ups. With pets in my house, this is an essential machine.
It works just like a regular vacuum, only you need to fill the main tank with hot tap water. It comes with a special detergent, but once you go through it, you are free to use any good detergent for steam vacs.
- The best feature, in my opinion, is the clean-surge fingertip control. This applies an extra big of detergent to the surface you are cleaning. Perfect for those major spills.
- The spin scrub feature really digs into and loosens dirt in heavily trafficked areas. You do not have to run the machine over and over certain spots. It gets dirt up fast on the first pass.
- The two-tank system separates clean and dirty water for you. This is one feature I love. The 3-speed brush roll control is great for adjusting the machine just the way you need it. High works on normal cleaning, low works for gentle cleaning and off gets you the spill pick up help you need.
- The motor is a full 12-amp motor which means this machine is powerful and can tackle any mess.
Product PerformanceIf there is anything negative I have to say about this product it is that while it is referred to as a SteamVac, guess what? It does not produce steam. That is a little confusing to some buyers. It works with really hot water but you will not get it to produce steam. It is also not good for hard surfaces or delicate Oriental rugs.
DimensionsThe vacuum is almost 20 inches by 14.2 inches by 30 inches and it weighs about 29 pounds. When you have it shipped, it will weigh over 30 pounds so be aware of that if you need to bring it up a flight of stairs or if you are paying for a special expedited shipping or sending it as a gift. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Ability to apply extra cleaning solution when need with a touch of a finger
- Spin scrub 360 degree feature for extra dirty areas
- Separate tanks for clean and dirty water makes filling and emptying tanks a breeze
- 12 amp powerful motor for real cleaning power
- 3 speed brush control for normal or gentle cleaning
- Does not produce actual steam
- Not good for hard surfaces
- Avoid using on delicate Oriental rugs